Making the Case for Employee Development & My Personal Development Plan

Please follow the link to view the presentation on making the case for employee develpment:-

Self Development Plan

Professional Goal & Motivation
Long Term Goal –  To work with organizations to identify gaps and work together to improve performance and outcomes either through training and development or otherwise.Short Term Goal –  To continue to practice my learning in my current role and to take any opportunity that will take me toward using the skills I have and learning from those experiences to improve.
Talents and Strengths

• Works well with people and love to collaborate
  • Results oriented
  • Quick Learner
  • Write well
  • Versatile
  • Good Listener
Development Opportunities

• Prompt Follow-through
  • Sharing responsibility and being sensitive to slow team members
  • Perfectionist
Development Objectives and Action Steps

• Mentorship – I intend to identify possible mentors who have the same interests as I have with regards to my goals and are experienced and productive in the field  of Training and Development(Noe, p. 394, 2013). I already have found one such mentor where the relationship developed informally although the nature of the relationship is not consistent, I have already seen some benefits such as exposure to some projects and even having the opportunities to assist or simply observe.

My plan is to formalize the relationship to establish the “mechanics of the relationship” including when and how often we will meet including communication lines to ensure it is mutually beneficial (Noe, p. 396)

• Volunteering & Projects – I intend to look for and take opportunities whether paid or unpaid which will help me hone my skills and at the same time contribute meaningfully to institutions big or small. I have already signed-up for regular training opportunities where I train for free but it is more of learning and improvement for me.

I intend to look out for areas and organisations where I can offer my services during vacations so that I can be exposed  to the job demands while having a “high level of responsibility” (Noe, p. 393)

• Membership in Professional Associations – In my opinion, this will play a major role in ensuring that I am abreast with industry standards and I am also fully aware of any learning opportunities available.  Being a member of professional communities such as ASTD and ISPI also gives me the opportunity to certify as well.
  • Formal Education – In spite of having an MS in IDT, it is only the beginning of my learning and I am certain that formal education will take me from being just another practitioner to becoming a leader in the field.